Tuesday 4 September 2007

Back Racing

Just over 7 months to go till the London Marathon!

Having suffered from a string of injuries and at times the resulting disillusionment from the end of April through to June, I have been stepping up my training in one last push to get as close to a qualifying time in the 2008 London Marathon as is possible

It has been tough work getting back to full fitness over the summer but feel that I am now approaching a level of fitness similar to that of March earlier this year.

I ran a good solid 5km race on Friday 31 August in a time of 17:12. I have certainly learnt the importance of rest and recovery and while I will be training incredibly hard over the next 7 months I will also be training smart.

I will be updating the blog with my own progress and developments in the documentary.

No comments: